5-6 December, 2020
We are delighted to announce that the inaugral Midlands New Music Symposium will take place online on Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th of Decemeber, 2020.
The schedule for the weekend will be posted here on 15th November, 2020.
Keynote: Simon Emmerson
The Midlands New Music Symposium seeks to explore and celebrate the diversity of current contemporary music and sound practices in the fields of composition, performance, and technology. The three-day symposium will include a series of presentations, lecture recitals, discussions, workshops, and concerts.
The symposium themes are open to let practitioners and scholars set the agenda. As such, the committee invites a broad range of proposals (outlined below) from individuals in and outside of academia. Moreover, we welcome submissions that engage with the Nottingham New Music Weekend theme of Deep Sounds, namely works for low pitched instruments and/or electronics.
- Papers (20-minutes)
- Presentations (10-minutes)
- Demonstration (up to 20 minutes)
- Call for Works (up to 10 minutes) for solo flute, clarinet, trombone, double bass as well as electroacoustic/acousmatic works that will be performed as part of the New Music Weekend.
- Sound Installations (up to 20 minutes)
- Workshops (up to 60 minutes)
- Mini-Recitals (15 minutes)
- Lecture Recitals (30 minutes)